What is a Content Management System (CMS)?
A content management system allows you to take control of your website. A CMS can be used to easily manage every aspect of your website, from adding content and images to updating a product catalog or taking online reservations. You need not have any prior experience with complicated HTML code. If you can operate a word processor, you can maintain your own website.
What is Joomla?
Joomla!powers websites the world over. Whether your need is for a small business website or a complex corporate web application, Joomla! is the Content Management System . Here are just a few of the types of websites Montano Designs has created using Joomla!
- Corporate websites
- Online commerce
- Small business websites
- Non-profit and organizational websites
- School and church websites
- Personal or family homepages
- Community-based portals
- Magazines and newspapers
What Can I Do With A Content Management System?
- Add pages on the fly.
- Create newsletters.
- Blog til your heart's content.
- Create a gallery or portfolio.
- Add e-commerce and maintain your products and prices easily.
- Import and export RSS feeds.
- Mass mail.
- Create a link directory.
- Dynamic Forms
- ...just about anything you can imagine.
Do I Need a Website Designer?
The answer to that question is quite clear. In today's economy a website gives credibility to your company. Dollar for dollar, a website is the most cost effective way to promote and advertise your business.
How Much Does it Cost?
Typically our websites cost less than advertising in your local Yellow Pages directory. The benefit is that you only pay once for the website as opposed to the directory listing that is billed monthly.
How Do I Select A Website Designer?
That's a tough question. It's difficult to compare apples to apples when hiring a website design firm. Here are a few things you should consider when hiring a website design firm:
- Look at their portfolio and determine if the website designer has the artistic skills to project the image and emotion of your product or company.
- Determine if their fee structure is within your advertising budget.
- Make certain the website design firm is reputable by contacting a few of their previous clients for a referral.
- Sign a mutually binding contract that protects your purchase just as you would with any other product you would buy.
- Decide if the website designer has the ability to understand your advertising objectives. Can you work well together to create a product that will draw clients to your business?
- Finally, compare the final product. A typical 5-6 page website is a great place to start advertising on the web, but a content management system will grow with your business.
Can Montano Designs Handle All of Our Company Needs?
Montano Designs is a one-stop-shop. Because we're a small boutique firm, you benefit by working directly with your web developers. We offer the following services:
- Content Management Systems (Joomla!)
- CMS Platform Applications
- Custom Website Design
- Joomla! Template Modification
- Joomla! Template Design
- Website Repairs
- Custom Coding
- E-Commerce Websites
- Graphic Design
Why Should I Choose Montano Designs?
We've been designing websites for over 10 years and we're really good at it.We're a small freelance firm and our overhead is low. We pass the savings on to our clients. Our website designers & website developers use the most up-to-date website design techniques, scripting and programming to make certain that each website Montano Designs creates stands out from the millions of websites on the Internet today.
The websites we design are not only exceedingly functional, but fun and interactive for your visitor. And isn’t that the key to retaining visitors to your website? Montano Designs has creative solutions for your website design objective. We are imaginative and have the technological know-how to make your website not only visitor friendly but optimized for excellent search engine placement. As a business owner you know that there is a sea of advertising objectives. We work hand in hand with you to determine your needs at a cost effective price and to design a website that will draw and retain visitors.